Terms and Conditions
1. Rentals include
all pertinent cables and operating system software, unless
otherwise specified. The lessee assumes responsibility for
the care and return of these items.
2. The lessor will provide delivery and pickup of the
equipment at an additional fee, please see our delivery
rates. The lessor will provide common carrier delivery
orders at the carrier cost. The lessee is responsible for
return of the equipment and the return common carrier
3. Dates of rentals shall begin from the time the equipment
leaves the premises of the lessor and shall not end until
rentals are returned to the lessors' premises. Any part of a
day will be charged at the full day rate. Specifically, the
transit days by the carriers are to be considered as days of
rental. The calculation of days may be adjusted by the
lessor when earlier delivery and later pick up is for the
sole convenience of the lessor.
4. Payment for one month or the initial period is due prior
to the rental. Payment for additional time in excess of one
month is due prior to the beginning of the following month
or renewal period, whichever is sooner. Payment can be made
by Master Card, Visa, Discover, American Express, check or
by cash. A charge of 1.5% per month (18% annum) will be
charged on payment 10 days in arrears. Past due accounts may
be turned over to legal and/or collection services. Lessee
is responsible for reasonable legal/collection fees as
prescribed by law. A $300.00 surcharge will be assessed to
any overdue accounts taken to small claims court.
5. Notice of defect. Unless lessee gives notice within 24
hours of receipt of equipment, it is presumed the equipment
was delivered in good working condition and the lessee
accepts equipment for use.
6. Identification labels provided by the lessee shall not be
removed from equipment.
7. Security deposit. The lessor has the right to request a
security deposit of up to 60% of the retail list price of
equipment rented. The lessor requires a Master Card, Visa,
Discover or American Express number to be kept on file as a
form of deposit.
8. Loss. Lessee shall bear the entire risk of loss or theft,
damage or destruction for any cause whatsoever. In the event
of loss or damage, lessee will pay the retail list price to
the lessor of an equivalent replacement.
9. The lessee will reimburse lessor for any damages above
10. The lessor will not sell equipment from a rental.
11. The lessor will be responsible for maintenance of
equipment keeping the equipment in proper operating
Computer Rental Related
1. The lessor assumes no responsibility for "viruses" or the
integrity of data of any hard disk, diskette, or other piece
of hardware or software.
2. The lessor can include a limited number of software
packages, that are only rented with computer systems. The
lessor is not responsible for any data integrity
difficulties or software related problems. The lessee agrees
to abide by the licensing agreements in all respects, in
particular, not to make unauthorized copies of software.
3. The lessor will meet the hardware configuration
specifications of the lessee. It is the responsibility of
the lessee to determine the hardware configuration needs to
operate software and perform desired tasks. Upon providing
the hardware as stated above in proper working order, the
lessee is obligated for payment.
4. Lessee will be responsible for cost of expendable
supplies including but not limited to printer ribbons,
printer toner, paper and disks.
5. The rental charge does not include software tutoring,
consulting, set up or related services as part of the basic
rental. These may be contracted for by arrangement on a time
charge basis in 1/2 hour increments.
Video Conferencing Related
1. On-site rentals of video conferencing equipment assumes
that the lessee has secured the installation of operational
ISDN service, properly configured for video conference use.
VTC will in no way be responsible for ISDN availability
unless agreed between VTC and lessee in advance.
2. VTC will take no responsibility for the quality of
network ISDN service.
3. VTC will provide testing of rented video conferencing
equipment over the provided ISDN network prior to the
scheduled conference. If ISDN network does not allow for
proper use of equipment, it shall be the lessee's
responsibility to correct network issues. Lessee will incur
no charges for local, simple set up, successful connecting,
and tear-down testing. Extended testing (greater than 1 hour
exclusive of travel time) or re-testing may result in
4. On-site rental of equipment will be accompanied by a
qualified video conference technician for set up,
trouble-shooting, tear-down, and explanation of equipment
operation. VTC operation of equipment throughout the video
conference will constitute operation labor, and will result
in appropriate labor charges.
5. VTC bears no responsibility for charges incurred related
to ISDN service usage.
EMERGENCY SERVICE AND SUPPORT
VISUAL TECHNOLOGIES IS A FULL SERVICE
SUPPLIER. EACH ORDER IS CONFIGURED BY TRAINED TECHNICIANS TO
YOUR SPECIFICATIONS. WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH DELIVERY OF
WORKING EQUIPMENT, HOWEVER, WE NORMALLY DO NOT PROVIDE
TRAINING, SOFTWARE SUPPORT OR INSTALLATION TO A NETWORK. IF
YOU ARE EXPERIENCEING DIFFICULTIES, YOU MAY CALL OUR OFFICE
- 7:30AM - 5:30PM M-F. IF YOU NEED EMERGENCY SERVICE AFTER
THESE HOURS PLEASE CAL (315)423-2000 AND LEAVE A MESSAGE AND
OUR TECHNICIAN WILL ATTEMPT TO CONTACT YOU. IF YOUR
DIFFICULTIES ARE DUE TO SOFTWARE, CONFIGURATION OF EQUIPMENT
OR OPERATOR ERROR, YOU WILL RECEIVE 5 MINUTES OF FREE
TELEPHONE SUPPORT. ADDITIONAL SUPPORT, SERVICE BY TELEPHONE
OR ON-SITE SUPPORT WILL BE BILLED AT THE APPROPRIATE TECH
SUPPORT RATE INCLUDING TRAVEL TIME.